Friday, March 9, 2012

Strawberry Spinach Salad

Our family has always loved a Strawberry Spinach Salad. I made the dressing with Worcestershire Sauce, sugar, and a bunch of other ingredients and loved it. Well, our first night in NOVA, we had dinner at the Leach's home, and Laura made us a spinach salad with an alternative dressing that I just love.
As you can see, there's spinach, strawberries, chicken, and candied pecans. Here's the recipe for Laura's dressing:

Combine in a blender:

1/2 cup sugar
2 t salt
2 t dry mustard
2/3 cups vinegar
4 scallions, chopped.

Slowly add 2 cups canola oil.
Stir in 3 T poppy seeds.

This makes a generous 2&1/2 cups.

Enjoy! Spring is just about here :)

3 comments:

Ski Town Girl said...

Mmm. We love your salad! Can't wait to try this variation. It sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Jesse said...

I remember in our first few years of marriage people would often ask me what my favorite food from Deidre was. My answer: this salad

Anonymous said...

That look AH-MAZING...so excited to try it!!
<3
the whites