Friday, September 14, 2012

Quality Kids Music and Books


I Love the Seeds Family Worship music. It's simply Scripture put to music. My girls love it and are beginning to hide God's Word in their hearts from singing and dancing to these songs.

The Donkey Who Carried a King












I also really like the children's books written by R.C. Sproul. It's deep theology and Biblical truths brought to a child's level. He's written quite a few books that you can find on Amazon. We only have this one. I think the others are geared to older kids.
Sammy and His ShepherdMaddie enjoys hearing this story as well. There are so many rich parallels between Sammy the sheep and his Shepherd and our relationship with God in this book. This has already encouraged some great conversations.
Great Elephant, The: An Illustrated AllegoryMy mom just read this book to Madison when we visited, and I was surprised how she understood the truth talked about.

I just thought I'd share some of the good books and music we've found for our kids. These are great gift ideas for Christmas coming up, too! Don't worry, I'm sure our kids will get more than books for Christmas! :) If you have more materials to share, I'd love to hear what they are!

1 comment:

Maryn said...

We love all these books as well. Violet asks to have a section of The Great Elephant read to her everyday. Excellent truths packed into each one!