Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving

As I've thought about what I'm most thankful for this year, my heart is continually reminded of my pregnancy and Geneva's birth. Because I was so sick for the first 5 months of the pregnancy, Jesse family, and the church body served us constantly! It was hard being "mom" and yet unable to do my job. At times I felt discouraged because I couldn't take care of my family and I constantly felt sick. It was lonely since I couldn't leave the house and didn't even feel up to talking with others. 
Yet, in the midst of all this God was more than faithful. He provided for all of our needs and more. Through my weakness, His strength was magnified. Once again I needed this reminder to humble me. He's so good to His children- He taught me humility in receiving help, and how to be still and know that He is God. So often I'm busy and doing life in my own strength. When I was sick, I was forced to slow down and look more to my Heavenly Father. I'm thankful for the hard days and weeks that brought forth valuable lessons AND a wonderful sweet daughter!
We started off our Thanksgiving celebrations by going to our church for a morning service. Jesse spoke about how when we give to the needy, in turn we receive thanksgiving in our hearts more than we gave.
Our sweet friend took these pictures of us at church. Poor Geneva was woken up to take them, so she wasn't too happy about that!

Jesse and I sure are thankful for these girls. They are precious gifts from the Lord and quite a weighty stewardship. 
From there, we went to the Drums house for the day. Geneva watched her first football game!
I had a great time talking with these ladies- Bethany, Elyssa, and Stephanie.
Miss Geneva Joy had a turkey dress just for the day- thanks to Aunt Jennifer!
 I'm loving these smiles!

No comments: