Sunday, July 17, 2011

While Daddy's Away...

Jesse is in Little Rock preaching at an evangelism conference this week, and the girls and I have had some sweet (and challenging) times together in his absence.

One of those sweet moments was during Madison's bath the other day. She asked, "Mommy, may I have no bath toys today? I want to just talk with you about Daddy." "OK." I said. "What do you want to tell me?" "No, I want you to talk about Daddy." So I then told her how Jesse and I met, and what I liked about him from the beginning. I told her, "I liked Daddy because I could tell he loved Jesus so much." Maddie then said, "I love Jesus too."

Today we stayed home from church because Maddie and I have sore throats and don't want to get other's sick. At lunch, Madison asked, "Can I pray?" She's never asked to pray before....so I said sure. She closed her eyes, and simply said, "Dear Jesus, please help Mommy feel better. Jesus thank you for this food. Amen." Her thoughtfulness made me tear up!

It's good for me to remember these sweet moments during the challenging times. Madison has been working on responding without complaining/whining. I don't want her to think it's OK to fall apart when she doesn't get her way. Faithfully training through this is challenging. I believe that through God's strength and His Word, both Madison and I will benefit from the effort it takes to train her to obey the first time AND with a good attitude.

Hebrews 13:17 Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.

I John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments.

Galatians 6:8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

1 comment:

Karina said...

Thanks for sharing, Deidre! Loved the talk we had on Friday about this. I am learning so much from your life. Thanks for being an example, and for allowing me to witness that. Praying for you. Love you much.