Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Aunt Dottie's Visit

The Johnsons love Aunt Dottie! She's always been a special part of my life. I can't remember a time when Aunt Dottie hasn't been close to me. When I was little she took me to the circus, on walks, out to lunch, etc. All through high school and college Aunt Dottie and I wrote letters almost weekly. She's always remembering our birthdays and holidays with a card or a package in the mail for me and the kids. She's really the best aunt. She always been so involved in her family's life (starting with my mom and Aunt Jennifer). Aunt Dottie is selfless, generous, thoughtful, cute, and she's a trouper. Whatever we have going, she happily comes along and makes the day fun. She spent the last month visiting Cali, so here are some of the things we did...

Playing with Savannah.
We had a birthday party for her...she turned 99!
She looks amazing!
Maddie liked watching movies with her.
Mom and I took her to tea one afternoon.
We even had the excitement of a little earthquake during our tea time!
Maddie also loved playing Sorry, dress up dolls, puzzles, reading, and the matching game with Aunt Dottie.

She was always ready to play along with whatever pretend game was happening!
Aunt Dottie cheered us on as we swam.
More Savannah hugs.
It's hard for all of us to see sweet Aunt Dottie go home to Mass. She's a joy to have here. I can't remember ever hearing her complain once. I'm so thankful for the time we've had together.
We miss you Aunt Dottie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wait WHAT? she's 99???? wow. i HOPE i am alive and kicking like that when i am 99!!!! she is so cute! i always love when you do posts with aunt dottie-i wish i had a cute aunt like that!!!