Monday, October 24, 2011

Good Reads

I have to say I love Friday mornings when I get together with Rachel White to talk about life and the book we've been reading. It's such an encouraging time as we focus on what God is teaching us and how we can excel still more. We've read The Excellent Wife over the last 2 months.
The last time I read this book, I was engaged. So, after being married five years, this book spoke to me a bit differently. I was thankful for all the Scripture throughout the book. I want to have the Bible convict/instruct me as to what kind of wife I should be, and not just some one's opinion. This book certainly is rooted in Scripture!
John 13:34-35 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you may also love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." I pray that my love for Jesse will continue to be rooted in Christ's love for us, and His sacrificial love will motivate me to serve in the same way each day.
The next book we're reading together is One with the Shepherd. I'm looking forward to how I will be challenged specifically in the area of being married to a pastor. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: