Monday, June 29, 2015

How I'm Most Refreshed

Generally this blog is about my kids so that grandparents and family can keep up with what we're doing. But today, I just wanted to share a little something about myself. As a mom with three little ones, I really have to seek out ways to be refreshed. Running after Geneva, answering 100 questions a day from Maddie and Savannah, solving sister disputes, cooking, cleaning, tutoring in reading, teaching a Bible study to the girls, and the list goes on on for my "to do" list. Yet, in the midst of all this I find great joy and contentment IF I am walking in the Spirit. Yes, this is conditional. Of course I love my girls and want to be with them, but if I try to accomplish all they need, others need, etc. in my own strength, this task can be overwhelming. I've been finding great joy in the Word. This is the best place to refresh one's soul, to find peace, forgiveness, and strength for what the day ahead may hold. I've been studying Revelation, which has been pretty convicting to me. I never want to loose my first love. There is such worship of the Holy One found in Revelation. Today in chapter 4, I loved seeing the angels praise God saying "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come. Worthy are you, our Lord and God to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things and by your will they existed and were created.” I hope this encourages you as well to find your hope and praise rooted in the character of God!

No comments: