Saturday, February 20, 2016

Remembering Sweet Aunt Dottie

 The day after we flew home from CA we woke early and drove to NY for Aunt Dottie's graveside service. We went from warm weather to freezing, from fun on vacation to remembering a loved one. It was a great teaching time for all of us to think that all of life is to be lived for God- the happy and sorrowful times. He is in control of all of it. Blessed be the name of the Lord.
 These sweet girls held hands part of the 5 hour drive.
 Maddie is acting so mature. She's so sensitive and thoughtful. I love this young lady.
 My dad gave a wonderful tribute to Aunt Dottie- the role she played particularly in my parents' life. My parents were blessed to see her come to an understanding that she was a sinner and needed a Savior. My dad also shared the gospel with everyone that was there. We will greatly miss our times with Aunt Dottie, but we have many treasured memories.
 After the funeral we had a dinner reception back at the hotel for family and friends that were able to make it. It was amazing to see friends of my mom and dad's from before they were even married! 

No comments: